Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Artist Jessi Dally: An Interview



Jessi Dally is a 16 year old woman who is a local Provo artist. She likes drawing/ painting with many mediums, such as pen, watercolor, acrylic, micron pens, or a combination of such. She loves justice with a side of gelato.

When did you start drawing?


Jessi: Probably age 3ish. I drew birds, I loved birds, and I still have pictures of those birds.


What's your favorite medium to use?


Jessi: Your mom. [laughs] I really like pencil and watercolor and micron pens... 'cause those are fun.

What drives you to make art?


Jessi: Usually after I see like a movie, or a play, or really cool videogame, or watch anime... that's usually how I get inspired. It's how it happens.


Are you looking towards a career in art?



Jessi: Hopefully in, like, I don't know, I kind of want to do videogame design art 'cause that'd be really fun. So, a career in somewhere with videogames and doing art in the videogame area. Graphic design art, 3D model design, that would be cool.


What does being an artist mean/ what does art mean to you?


Jessi: Being an artist to me means to express yourself in any way possible, be it poetry or visual arts or cooking, it's just any form of expressing yourself and showing what you have to the world.

Tess: Thanks!

Jess: Yeah, thanks for interviewing!


-Jess & Tess

No comments:

Post a Comment